Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ouch pt. 2


So today is the day that I have my surgery. Dr. Stephenson, who is an excellent physician will operate soon. Let me quickly recap for you. I am now in Lubbock (thanks to my wonderful fiancee) and I went and saw the doctor on Friday. At first the doctor's P.A. said that it didn't look like it was broken and that it would just need to rest and let the swelling go down. Dr. Stephenson came into the room and made the other guy look like a complete idiot. Just after we had gotten excited over the fact that I would not be having surgery the real doctor informed us that in fact my foot was broken and in fact I would need surgery.

That leads us to today. It is 8:30 I am have to go the Covenant Lakeside hospital to have blood work done at 9:00 and then at some point this afternoon I will be having two bio-pins placed into my foot. The pins we be able to absorb into my bone after it is healed. The doctor will send a scope into my foot, clean out around the bone and then place the pins in, easy enough right? No! Yet again a doctor has told me how strange the break in my foot is. "I only see one of these about every two or three years."

The bio-pins that are being placed in my foot have a metallic end that drives the bio-pin into the broken section. The metallic portion is then driven out another section of my bone and out another section of my foot, OUCH!! After the bio-pin is in place they snip off the excess pin sew me up and I am done. I would like to just go ahead and say that I am not looking forward to this. I hope everyone else has a grander day than me, but hey on the plus side I was promised ice-cream tonight.

Thought of the day: OUCH!!


Related Article:

0 comments:


 
Copyright 2011 The extraordinary of any idle day. All rights reserved.