Monday, July 30, 2007

Sidekicks


Recently I had one of the strangest dreams I have ever experienced. While most everyone at times has those dreams that when you wake up you are disappointed to find out were only dreams, this dream was not one of them. I cant recall many details about the dream itself all I know is that in my dream I was the sidekick. I was not the hero. I did not get the girl. And I received little or no glory for the accomplishments that were made. I woke up from this dreams pissed off. I mean I was there working my but off so that someone else could receive the glory because lets face it, sidekicks are the peons in the superhero world. Think about poor robin. First of all while batman got to be fully clothed Robin was force to prance around in his green underwear. They always forced Robin to say the stupidest things like, "Holy priceless collection of Etruscan snoods!" (and I am not making that one up.) And probably worst of all his nickname, "The Boy Wonder!" How would you like that nickname to stick with you when you are 24 and fighting crime. Ladies you can go on a date with, Iron Man, Batman, Spider Man, Superman, or The Boy Wonder!! It got so bad that in the comic books he actually had to leave batman and after going through a serious super hero identity crisis reinventing himself as Nighthawk. I don't have to much left to say on the matter so I will leave you with one more thought followed by a few more Robin quotes. It flat out sucks to be the sidekick.


Holy bill of rights, Batman!

Holy haberdashery, Batman!

Holy atomic pile, Batman!

The way we get into these scrapes and get out of them, it's almost as though someone was dreaming up these situations; guiding our destiny.

The opposite of a girl is a boy!

Related Article:

0 comments:


 
Copyright 2011 The extraordinary of any idle day. All rights reserved.