Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Change

Over the past month I have experienced significant change. And over the next month I will go through even more change. Exactly one month ago I married the love of my life and my life suddenly changed. In less than one month my life will experience even more change and I will graduate from college. Change looks different throughout life, but never before can I think of change ever effecting me so much than now.

For the past four years my priority for living in Abilene was (at least supose to be) first of all school, followed second by work, and third social life including dating. As soon as I said "I do" (actually I said "It is") my priorities changed. My first priority became my family, second became work to provide for my family, and third now is school. Since I am a month away from graduating I am not to concerned about but if i had to make the choice, school would no longer be first.

I have also begun to realize that there has been a change in my time. I no longer am simply using "my" time to do things but am now using "our" time. My time is no longer my own. What I do with my time will effect my wife and the things that she does. I have become more conscience of what I do and how long it takes me to do that.

The way I live from day to day has greatly changed. I seem to clean much more now than I did before. I eat out less, go to bed earlier, and wake earlier. With all this change happening I have come to the understanding that not all change is bad. It seems that many times in life we reflect on how things were. Change often times is uncomfortable, it is awkward, and most of the time it is unwelcome. But it is important to realize that without change there would be no, reformation, no America light bulb, no cars, no computers, no cell phones. Change is a necessity of life. There comes a time when we have to realize that nothing is permanent, life changes, and with it so do we. There is a way to embrace change without forgetting the fondness of the past.


For more insights on change check out Lifevesting.com


Related Article:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.


 
Copyright 2011 The extraordinary of any idle day. All rights reserved.