Thursday, May 15, 2008

The 40 Acres

I graduated Saturday. I became one of the many names to be placed on the alumni wall at Hardin-Simmons University, the 40 Acres. After four years I have earned my Bachelor of Arts in Ministry. The things I learned in order to earn my degree H-SU don't come close to rivaling the life experience I gained in the past four years. I have met people who have changed my life for the better, some of them friends I will keep close the remainder of my life. College went by Fast. I remember my first night on campus my roommate, Geoffrey, and I locked ourselves out of the dorm and stood outside for close to an hour before we found someone to let us in.

My very first class, Computer Basics, I sat across from a man named Arron Nunn. Aaron was on 25 and starting H-SU as a freshman for the second time in his life. The first time he had gone to college for all of the wrong reasons and as a result his GPA was so poor that he ended up dropping out and joining the military. While in the military (or some time shortly after) Aaron's life was turned around. He began living his life for the Lord.

My very first class was the only class I had with Aaron at H-SU, however I vaguely kept up with Aaron when I would run into him on campus. Saturday morning the first person I saw when I entered the room where the graduating students were instructed to congregate, the first face I saw was Aaron's. We briefly discussed our time at school, our wives, and our plans for the future. The thing that struck me the most about our conversation is realizing how much we had both changed while at the 40 Acres. The past four years have been some of the best of my life.

here are the links to my favorite H-SU posts I have written over the past four hears:





Related Article:

0 comments:


 
Copyright 2011 The extraordinary of any idle day. All rights reserved.