Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Christmas of Firsts

Today has been a Christmas of firsts. I am twenty two years old and in twenty two years this is the first that I have not been with my immediate family. While they spent the day in Little Elm (near Dallas) I spent the day in Magnolia (near Houston). While this was my first Christmas away from the only family I have known on Christmas it was also the first Christmas I spent with my new family, In-laws, nieces, and nephews. Here in Magnolia we enjoyed a wonderful Christmas with good food, and great company.

In Little Elm this has been the first Christmas my parents have truly had an empty nest. Both Cassie and I are now married. There were no stockings to stuff, they even decided not to do stockings for each other. This is Cassie's first Christmas with her husband Curtis as part of our family. Maybe the most exciting for them, this is my parent's first Christmas as grandparents. Laura Kate Wiley enjoyed her first Christmas with many gifts (and more to come tomorrow from Uncle Joel and Aunt Ashley).

Being married for nine months this is the first Christmas I have had the opportunity to spend with my new wife. When she asked if I was sad I wasn't spending Christmas with my family I told her that there was no one else I would rather spend my Christmas with than her. This year I gave her a Christmas ornament that is currently hanging on the front of our tree in Tyler. It has an engraving on it that reads, "Our first of many." This Christmas was a Christmas of first and I look forward to the many more that are to come with my ever growing family.



Related Article:

0 comments:


 
Copyright 2011 The extraordinary of any idle day. All rights reserved.