Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Final Thoughts


**There are a few more posts, that are unfinished, that will be added under the “Bangkla Nights” category**

When we left for Thailand I never imagined how emotional of a trip it would be. I knew I would have fun and I knew it would be great to see where my mom grew up and where my grandfather worked, but it was more than that. I had an opportunity to fall in love with the country and the people that my grandfather and mother know so well. I had an opportunity to grow closer to my mother, who was half way around the world. I had an opportunity to learn about and get to know a cousin that I had grown apart from. I had and opportunity to see my grandfather with an excitement and purpose in his eye that I have never seen before. I had an opportunity to make new friends who provided me with more encouragement than they will ever know.

The things I was able to see and the people I was able to meet have me longing for more. As I sit in a well air-conditioned house in Texas I find myself missing Thailand. I miss mornings and reading with my grandfather, and the evenings spent with my cousin. I miss taking pictures of new things, and I miss having something exciting and new to write about. I miss the faces of friends who have become familiar, and I miss the time spent with those friends, even if we didn’t speak the same language. I have spent two weeks emerging myself in a culture and now I find that I have left a small part of myself behind and replaced it with a small part of something new. In the end, I have had more than a great time, more than words can express, more than photos can capture, and more than the stories I tell will reveal. In the end it was dee tee sut.



Related Article:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

After a week of look shows at Mercedes-Benz The fad Week, there are infrequent trends that stick up for into the open, surrounded by them: pale tones and coarse Christian Louboutin Shoes.
These open-toed booties from Nicole Miller's Spring 2011 anthology are a good example of spring's meagre palette.
After four seasons of down in the mouth shopping past confidence buyers, looks to save bounce were dominated nearby snowy, unclothed and other unallied colors, which gave the clothes on the runway a softer, lighter look.
It was a real scrape by from recent shows, where designers had picked darker colors that seemed to exhibit the moody minded of the economy.
This drift measured extended to the fingertips with a peachy-nude-putty-colored nail despatch drawn tired aside models in the Marc Jacob show and a manicure of beige perfect, with a gaunt coral arc applied by prominence manicurist Jin Straightway Choi at Prabal Gurung's runway show.
Inclusive, multitudinous of the looks for jump were uncomplicated and many-sided, which should help these clothes sign the change from the runway to the stores as retail buyers continue discriminating in their purchases.
What was wild? The[url=http://www.uchristianlouboutin.com] Christian Louboutin Shoes[/url]-both on and in error the runway. (You eat to behold in requital for yourself. Look at our slideshow.)
It stands to reason. Consumers can on the contrary department store their closets for so long. When all is said, they be suffering with to start buying again, but they discretion look on the side of pieces that will work with what they already own (from here the neutrals) and that inclination require a glowing chic statement (prompt the shoes.)
Upon big [url=http://www.uchristianlouboutin.com]Christian Louboutin sale[/url] at www.uChristianLouboutin.com

Anonymous said...

After a week of mania shows at Mercedes-Benz Manner Week, there are infrequent trends that move into the open, surrounded by them: lame tones and appealing Christian Louboutin Shoes.
These open-toed booties from Nicole Miller's Appear 2011 accumulation are a convincing benchmark of fountain-head's blench palette.
After four seasons of tranquil shopping via hedonism buyers, looks as a replacement for spring were dominated on wan, uncovered and other unallied colors, which gave the clothes on the runway a softer, lighter look.
It was a legal scrape by from fresh shows, where designers had picked darker colors that seemed to cogitate about the gloomy minded of the economy.
This drift orderly extended to the fingertips with a peachy-nude-putty-colored nail despatch haggard before models in the Marc Jacob manifest and a manicure of beige polish, with a sparse coral arc applied aside name manicurist Jin Straightway Choi at Prabal Gurung's runway show.
All-embracing, numberless of the looks seeing that spring were uncomplicated and learned, which should help these clothes sign the transmutation from the runway to the stores as retail buyers continue eclectic in their purchases.
What was wild? The[url=http://www.uchristianlouboutin.com] Christian Louboutin Shoes[/url]-both on and in error the runway. (You have to speak with in requital for yourself. Look at our slideshow.)
It stands to reason. Consumers can on the contrary machine shop their closets to so long. Eventually, they have to start buying again, but they resolve look in search pieces that at one's desire feat with what they already own (hence the neutrals) and that at one's desire require a still in nappies late utterance (reminder the shoes.)
Allot huge [url=http://www.uchristianlouboutin.com]Christian Louboutin sale[/url] at www.uChristianLouboutin.com

Anonymous said...

The Ugg Bailey Button is now a classic and a must have! Featuring chestnut suede upper, raw seams, elasticated Ugg branded button and lavish Grade A sheepskin lining. The Bailey Button can be worn as the Classic Short or turned down.
The best ways to find cheap boots from [url=http://www.bootsuggonsale.com/]ugg uk
[/url] is engaged in online auctions.[url=http://www.bootsuggonsale.com/]pink ugg boots
[/url] are a great gift for the coming XMAS. If you take the time to search the web and you can find a good deal on [url=http://www.bootsuggonsale.com]ugg slippers
[/url], and even find really discount UGG's! There are even brick and mortar stores that offer deals as well.

Anonymous said...

The Ugg Bailey Button is now a classic and a must have! Featuring chestnut suede upper, raw seams, elasticated Ugg branded button and lavish Grade A sheepskin lining. The Bailey Button can be worn as the Classic Short or turned down.
The best ways to find cheap boots from [url=http://www.bootsuggonsale.com/]ugg clogs
[/url] is engaged in online auctions.[url=http://www.bootsuggonsale.com/]knitted ugg boots
[/url] are a great gift for the coming Christmas. If you have the time to search the web and you can find a good deal on [url=http://www.bootsuggonsale.com]ugg australia
[/url], and even find really discount UGG's! There are even brick and mortar stores that offer deals as well.


 
Copyright 2011 The extraordinary of any idle day. All rights reserved.