Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The New House

I have become a moving connoisseur. As of today I have moved 19 times. If you do the math it will equal out to packing and lifting and carrying my things once every 1.3 years. When Ashley and I found out that she was pregnant one of the first decisions we made was that we would need to move. Not that Hardin-Simmons married student housing isn’t nice, right down the street from crack dens, bullet hole filled apartments, and a halfway house, but we just felt it was time to explore our options.

After quite a bit of searching we found a house that is close to both of our jobs and not too far from Hardin Simmons. The video below offers a short tour of the house, how it is and explains some of the intended repairs.



Before Spring Break I wanted to have the house painted so that while I was on a mission trip to New Orleans Ashley and her parents could begin moving some of our things in. After what turned out to be a disastrous pink first coat, due to mistaken color, I was left needing to finish painting Wednesday night before the carpets were cleaned on Thursday. By finish painting I mean I had to paint two coats on everything in the house (with the exception of the Jack’s room and the kitchen) before sunrise. I taped, dropped, and painted until 4:00 am when I finally finished, sleep deprived and a little high from paint fumes. The house still has quite a way to go but as Ashley begin nesting and our family grows we will do so in a new home.


Related Article:

1 comments:

Carrie said...

FYI, the video is of New Orleans not your house :)


 
Copyright 2011 The extraordinary of any idle day. All rights reserved.