Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Love Being an Uncle

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind. While I have had much to write about I have had little time to put my thoughts down. While I am going to attempt to catch up, life moves at a high speed pace and I can’t make any promises.

Ashley and I arrived in Lubbock on Friday evening; I had Uncle duties to take care of. I think that the best part about having siblings when you are an adult is when they have children. I love being and Uncle. My niece and nephew(s) (Shepherd is not quite born yet but by the time I post this it is a good possibility that he will be) are great practice for when I become a parent (July 21st ish). And I get to be fun Uncle Joel who gives cookies before bedtime and is always fun to be around. The reason for our trip was Cohen’s birthday, his first birthday.

Cohen is my sister Cassie’s son. On Saturday (Feb 18th) several friends and family members gathered for the party. Cohen is the happiest one year old I have ever seen. His smile and laugh are intoxicating and with a green balloon tied around his back belt loop he walked and crawled around his party amongst a sea of family and friends. My sister made an incredible train birthday cake, which Cohen smeared all over his and his Grammy’s face.

It was a week of firsts for Cohen. He celebrated his first birthday and he also got his first haircut. I decided to celebrate the occasion by making two different videos of Cohen’s birthday week. During his haircut he sat in his Papa’s lap. I videoed the even on my iPhone, which just so happen shoots HD video. Double the speed of the event and put a little music to it and here is the result:

I also decided to make a video out of the many pictures that were taken of Cohen throughout the week. After his party and fun afternoon photo shoot (where this time Papa was behind the camera), I compiled Cohen’s birthday week in 150 seconds:


Today while I have been at work I have been recieving a stream of text messages from my mother, my brother-in-law, and even my sisiter...who is in labor. Sheperd Andrew Wiley will soon be born, and while I do not know alot about babies (yet...I do have one on the way so I am learning) I am certain of one thing...Sheperd will have an Uncle who loves being an Uncle.


UPDATED 3-10-11

Shepherd was born 3:50pm on March 9th. He is 7.9 lbs. He and Carrie are both doing great!


Related Article:

0 comments:


 
Copyright 2011 The extraordinary of any idle day. All rights reserved.