Tuesday, July 13, 2004

The Summer of My Childhood

The summer of my childhood has past away and along with it the baseball card games, fishing, scraping my knees, days of swimming, and building forts in the wood. My baseball card and bug collections have been traded for worries and concerns of my future. My chasing squirrels and rabbits has turned into chasing girls and broken hearts. The days of summer i once knew consisted of catching fire flies to the golden rays of a setting sun; drinking lemonade on the back porch while listening to the symphony of crickets preforming just for me; and stealing apples off the next-door neighbor's trees. But those summers are only memories to me now. Now summer means heat, work, and late nights spent at coffee shops. Whatever happened to the summer bar-b q's, or sitting on the roof watching the fireworks on the fourth of July. In this adult world i am so quickly being pushed and pulled into there is no time for eating home made ice-cream while listening to grandpa's stories. In the world that will soon entertain my all summer has lost all its magic and in return has gained the troubles of a recessing economy and war. The only place the magic remains is in the hearts of my memories which are quickly fading.

Related Article:

0 comments:


 
Copyright 2011 The extraordinary of any idle day. All rights reserved.