Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Coffee House Confessions: Falling in Love Over Starbucks

While I would like to say that I do not drink Starbucks, a company that not only represents but leads the way in evil corporate America, I truly have a weakness for grossly overpriced blended coffee drinks. In September of 2005 I began dating my now wife, Ashley. One of her favorite indulgences that I quickly realized was the previously mentioned international-mega-enterprise. Frequently we began going to our local Starbucks, a routine that only furthered my liking blended coffee drinks.

While I may have spent more money than anyone ever should at the coffee chain, I was also making another kind of investment. I made an investment of my time. Some of the greatest moments of my life, to date, happened while sipping a Starbucks drink. The result of that investment was more than a relationship. I fell in love over Starbucks.

It was the time we spent at a table inside, or in the car waiting in the drive through that I fell in love with her. It was the surprise Frappuccino in the afternoon and the smile on her face. It is the giddy look, that she still gets when Starbucks is mentioned. But most of all it was that we enjoyed our drinks together that made me fall in love with her. It was over Starbucks that I really learned who Ashley was. We still go to Starbucks. At times I still think I spend to much money, but I am also getting to know my wife more and more and that, to me, is priceless.

Drink of Choice: Grande
Green Tea Frappuccino® Blended Crème double blended



Related Article:

0 comments:


 
Copyright 2011 The extraordinary of any idle day. All rights reserved.