Friday, May 28, 2010

I Use to be a Poet

I use to be poet, I use to have a song
A bardful heart full of melody
Would express with ink and quill
The heart replaced divulge of poetry
The melody remaining ever still

I use to be a poet, but business now remains
To many things need to be done
While light grows shorter every day
The written work amounts to none
As the poet ever fades

I use to be a poet, but birds no longer sing
The daffodils have lost their yellow
The sky now seems less blue
Smiling faces no longer saying hello
The fear of growing up come true

I use to be a poet, but life is running out
My time no longer occupied
With lyric, verse and rhyme
Now work and deb control the mind
And the poet dies with benign

I use to be a poet, but onto one thing I hold
The chance the thought of yesterday
Are hidden within the lines
Of poetry long stacked away
The poet still alive




Related Article:

0 comments:


 
Copyright 2011 The extraordinary of any idle day. All rights reserved.