Wednesday, January 19, 2011

To Whom It Most Concerns:



To Whom It Most Concerns:

I cannot promise you that I will be the coolest dad in the world. I have never been a star athlete, very popular, or the best at anything. I am not a musician, artist, or talented at much. I am not that good of a cook, hate waking up early, and I’m a little messy. At times I can be OCD, ADD or just I.D.I.O.T. And to be perfectly honest I am not that good looking

I cannot promise you that I’ll never embarrass you. I am goofier than I should be, less serious at time than you’ll want me to be, but really not that funny. I make a fool of myself often and always speak my mind, even when it is not appropriate. I’ll probably end up in the ER because of something I have done, and be forced to use a walking apparatus that will draw gazes and whispers from strangers. I’m overly goofy and too clumsy.

I cannot promise you that I will be a perfect parent. I don’t know how to tell your temperature with my hand, chase the boogeyman away, or fix a bike. I will never be able to afford to buy you everything you want, send you to the best schools, or make you happy all of the time. I’ve never had to take care of a crying baby in the middle of the night, sooth an aching tooth, or tend to a scrapped knee. The truth is I don’t know how to be a parent.

I cannot promise to have all the answers. There will be times when I am annoyed. There will be times when I get angry. And there are times when I am wrong. I still get scared, worry more than I should, and make rash and impulsive decisions. I am overwhelmed by how much I feel I should know and by how much I don’t. When it comes down to it I don’t always know what to do and will make mistakes.

I cannot promise I’ll never disappoint you. I cannot promise never to fail. I cannot promise to live up to my own expectations of a father. I cannot promise that I will always say or do the right things. I cannot promise to be the daddy you deserve.

But I can promise that I will always love you.

Concerning everything else…I will try as hard as I can.


With All My Heart,

Daddy



Related Article:

0 comments:


 
Copyright 2011 The extraordinary of any idle day. All rights reserved.